The YB5520 is Grove’s flagship industrial crane whose features its competitors can only hope to emulate.
The YB5520 is Grove’s flagship industrial crane whose features its competitors can only hope to emulate. This 18t capacity workhorse has a four-section 16.6m boom with standard two-wheel drive/ four wheel steer capability. It also has a three-position pivoting boom head for low head room clearance, and out and down outriggers which can be setup in several modes depending on jobsite requirements.
Want more reach? The 4.6m fixed swingaway extension offers a maximum tip height of 23.1m, while the 7.6m telescopic extension provides a maximum tip height of 26.2m. Both jib extensions can be offset 0, -15° and -30° via the pivoting boom nose.
The YB5520’s boom nose can also be lowered in three offset positions mechanically (0°, 40° and 80°), reducing head height by 40.5cm when pivoted fully forward. Negative pivoting of 0°, 15° and 30° allows boom extension offset capability.
The crane comes standard with three steering modes: front (two-wheel), four-wheel coordinated, and four-wheel crab steer with electronic self-alignment. Operators can choose between modes using a three-position rocker switch located on dash panel. Speaking of the operator’s cab, the YB5520’s cabin features a modern operator control layout with hydraulic proportional joystick controls, tilt steering wheel with automotive dash panel gauges and indicator lights.
Other features include:
- Hydraulic proportional joystick controls via load sensing piston pump hydraulics provide smooth and efficient operation
- Split cab door with sliding glass window and tilt steering wheel for added operator comfort
- Full LED lighting package offers improved visibility and last longer than traditional light bulbs
- Large swing open engine access panel for easy serviceability
- Cummins QSB 3.3L four cylinder / turbo-charged diesel
- Fuel tank capacity: 151.4L
- 33.8 km/h max speed
|Tyre Size:||Tubeless type, semi-aggressive tread 12.00R20|