Health, Safety and Environment Policy
WATM's aim is that no person or the environment will be adversely affected by its activities.
WATM are committed to taking all practicable steps to ensure that management and staff undertake appropriate actions to ensure the safety of employees, contractors and visitors in the workplace with minimum impact to the environment.
WATM recognises that health and safety is not one person’s responsibility. All employees and management will actively participate in the continuous development and management of health, safety and environment in the workplace.
WATM will take all practicable steps to –
- Maintain a zero LTI work environment.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment. This will be achieved by hazard identification and management, utilising specialist advice and following codes of practice and guidelines.
- Provide and maintain safe equipment, practices and procedures.
- Provide training, information and supervision required to ensure that safety and environmental requirements of the job are met.
- All management personnel shall display a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of the business with legislative requirements seen as the bare minimum standard.
- Develop procedures for dealing with emergencies and implement practices that minimise the impact of adverse events.
- Ensure that all accidents, environmental incidents and health issues are reported, investigated and improvements made.
WATM employees are required to:
- Identify and report and hazards, which may cause injury or harm and where possible do something about the hazard immediately.
- Follow all procedures to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Ensure that their actions do not cause harm to themselves or others by failure to act in a safe and responsible manner.
- Actively participate in the identification, review and development of health, safety and environmental management strategies.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are accurately reported promptly.