As the largest capacity crawler ever designed and built by Manitowoc, the 31000 features an innovative self-supporting counterweight system.
As the largest capacity crawler ever designed and built by Manitowoc, the 31000 features the Variable Position Counterweight (VPC) that minimises the crane's footprint and ground preparation. As load increases on the hook, the VPC is automatically repositioned to maintain a balanced load moment.
Where the 31000 truly flexes its awesome capabilities is when the multiple range of its boom attachments are utilised. This will unleash the 31000’s unbelievable strength of its load charts from the nearest to the furthest radii.
To help riggers with quick crane mobilisations, the 31000 is engineered with FACT™ connectors. This is Manitowoc’s Fast Aligning Connection Technology (FACT), which precisely aligns crane components for safe, fast, easy assembly.
And there’s the 31000’s EPIC® control system which takes the guess work out of lifting operations. Manitowoc’s field-proven Electronically Processed Independent Controls (EPIC) system with CANBus technology providing microprocessor driven control logic, variable displacement pump and motor control, on-board diagnostics, and service information.
The integrated Rated Capacity Limiter (RCL) is provided for the main boom. The RCL for the extended upper boom point, luffing jib, and fixed jib is provided with each of these optional configurations.
Other performance-boosting features on the 31000 crawler crane include:
- Closed-loop hydraulic systems which provide a separate hydraulic circuit to power each crane function. Each function is equipped with relief valves to protect the circuit from overload or shock
- Block-up limit control is standard for hoist and whip lines
- Standard travel and swing alarms
- Operator’s cab is a fully enclosed and insulated galvannealed steel module, equipped with power tilt, sliding door, large safety glass windows on all sides, front and roof windshield wipers, dome light, sun visor and shade, fire extinguisher, air conditioning, swing and travel alarms, and radio/CD player. Operator’s station swings over front of rotating bed for transportation
- Seven closed circuit cameras provided; one to observe each of the two main load hoist drums, boom hoist drum, rigging assist drum, VPC, to view the load from the boom top, and the interior of the power plant enclosure. Camera information is displayed on two 10" and three 7" color monitors.
|Fixed Jib Length:||42m|
|Luffing Jib Length:||114m|